Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Boy, My Car, The Accident...Sigh...


 
Get well soon Kat!



The moment I’ve been dreading since Isaiah started driving has arrived...his first accident!

First off, no one was injured!  My son & the guardrail he kissed with my car are fine.  My Nissan Murano which I named Kat, however, has dents, scratches, and club foot tire. (I am currently praying that Kat's suspension system isn't totally damaged or too expensive to fix.)

I'm not going to lie here, after learning that Isaiah was okay, listened to what happened, and saw my vehicle I did yell at him.  Why?  Well, lets just say like most adult teens, mine has a hard head.  Swears up & down that any worries I have concerning his safety will NEVER happen to him.  Each time I stress any concerns all I ever hear is: "Mom, you worry too much.  Like that's really going to happen."  So, I know that on Monday when I said: "Isaiah be extra careful. The roads are still a bit icy" before he left for his dentist appointment my words fell on deaf ears.  Ten minutes later, after leaving the house Isaiah returns, and yells: "Mom! I need you to come downstairs!"  Once I came downstairs, Isaiah proceeded to tell me that he'd crashed into a guardrail not far from our house.  Then after I learned the exact location of the accident I knew what had occurred.  As soon as you exit our housing development the drive to the main road is a little curvy.  In bad weather such as on Monday one needs to take precaution because the bends tend to be slick.  It's hard for the sunlight to melt the ice on the road leading to/from my house because of the many trees preventing the sun from shining through.  My son being who he is, did not take heed to my words & while bopping to music, I know went barreling down the hill (speeding) the way he does when no one's around.  Hit a slick spot, and...SLAMCRASHSKREEEEECH!  This is why I yelled at him.  In turn Kat was scratched up with small dents starting from her butt (bumper) leading to the front of her bosom (bumper.)  Her driver's side foot (tire) turned outward while in a straight position, which made her unable to drive.  I don't even know how he drove her back to the house.  

I do partially blame myself.  Even though it was late in the afternoon & the ice on the roads had melted except for a few slick spots, I should not have allowed him to drive.  As parents, no matter how much we preach and teach or how many hours of Driver’s Ed are under our teen’s belt, they simply do not have the experience that adults have.  Mistakes will happen.  Some preventable, some not.  Isaiah' irresponsibility will not go without consequences however.  Driving restrictions have been imposed!  Not driving for a period of time & the shake up from the accident hopefully will deem to be a teachable lesson.  Sigh...growing pains can really be expensive.  Can I reverse time & get the toddler stage back...please?  Back then the most that got broken was a toy, and the most I had to worry about was him catching some germ & getting sick.

All in all...on the real, I thank God that he's okay.  Things could have been much worse.  Cars are fixable and or replaceable, financial plans can be adjusted, insurance is there for a reason, but a child is impossible to replace.

Until, next time...peace & blessings ♥ 



Tee-iabo Designs (Tee-ah-bow) ~ Artist, Sonya M. Jones designs one-of-a-kind inspiring clothing, home items, canvas art & jewelry. Express yourself..Bee who your are! www.tee-iabodesigns.com



The guardrail & road

Kat's scrapes, dents & club foot (tire)





12 comments:

  1. Ha! Thank God he aint go over that guard (God) rail...but yup they don't listen at all....but hey unfortunately for everyone, we cannot go back in time..only onward and upward...My girls have both had their first accidents and are more experienced for it and so will he be..tell my little cousin..to keep his head up...deal with the consequences and learn from his momma! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr...thank God for that. Thank you & I will tell him. He's back at school now. Safe & sound I hope.

      Delete
  2. Oh I have dreaded this same exact thing with all three of my kids. No matter how old they get, it doesn't dissipate my fear. So glad your boy is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you Kathy. I think that's how I'm going to be as well. That's why I keep wine on tap. :)

      Delete
  3. Poor Kat, and Isaiah because I know you laid it on him good. But yes, that's is at least something that can be fixed. I am glad no one was hurt. I'm crossing my fingers and praying that in 7-ish years from now when Christopher is driving, that there will be a red light when exiting our neighborhood otherwise I am going to want to move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, did I ever lay him out! But, I think all is good. Hoping to get Kat back soon, and that she rides okay. LOL! @the red light. Hmm...sounds like a home owner association meeting is in order.

      Delete
  4. Oh Sonya! I'm glad your son is okay! My two oldest have bikes (racing motorcycles). My oldest has a truck too, but the next in line just has a bike...and drives it to work even in the rain. I worry. I tell them not to go fast. One of the two always says, 'I won't go over 90, mom.' He's joking, I think. But I worry. I pray a lot. These days I pray for their safety and my peace of mind, lol! Wishing you luck w/the car repairs being smooth and not expensive! And again... I'm glad your son is okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosey! I know what you mean. Boys, boys, boys...all we can do is pray & drink wine. :)

      Delete
  5. It's okay to let your emotions out, especially when it comes to a family member getting hurt. Anyway, I'm glad that Isaiah was left uninjured, at the very least. I hope he learned a lesson from this incident, and will be more careful driving from now on. All the best!

    Sabrina Craig @ Medical Attorney NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabrina. Yep, I think he learned his lesson. He was moping around for the rest of the week afterwards thinking I was upset with him. I was only upset at the situation though. I thank God nothing more serious happened.

      Delete
  6. The road where the accident took place looks bit awful after the incident. It’s good to hear that your son came out fine from this. Parents must have really that intuition about the things that might happen to their children. Haha! Well, things like these are bound happen, whether we like it or not. What’s important is that your son is fine and no one got hurt. Thanks for sharing!

    Faith Brady @ K Hunter Law

    ReplyDelete
  7. The car accident that happened to your son is so frustrating. Mixed emotions exploded on you, but that's alright. It simply means that you love and care for him so much. At least he learned a lesson about taking extra care when driving. In any way, thanks for sharing that, Sonya! I wish you all the best!

    Stephanie Waters @ Chastaine Law

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin