Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Blooming Irises, Fishy and Nadine





I am working on getting back into the groove of things after my son's collision with a guardrail in my car last week.  Kat might be back home soon, hopefully in great condition.  The boy is now back at college after his winter break, safely tucked away.  At least I hope so... #motherstruggles...sigh.

Well, let me pick up from where I left off before my brief interruption.  Like I mentioned in my last art post, the design "Freedom Wings" birthed more creative & detailed artwork.  As some of my readers may know, before taking a hiatus from blog world I started designing infant wear.  I had only completed like 4 sets before making the decision to stop blogging for a while.  After the completion of "Freedom Wings" I decided to design a few more infant sets.  The idea was to complete 10 sets of infant wear while making other things in-between.  Or, so I thought that was my plan. You know how the saying goes..."If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans"  Yep, I made God laugh! 


Nadine

My friend Nadine, which a have known for about 2 years now, is how can I say...very full of life.  HUGE personality!  She's from Jamacia, but has resided in New York since early childhood.  Nadine is boisterous, charismatic, loving, flirtatious, caring, loves the finer things in life as well as originality.  So, when she discovered what I did for a living it excited her!  Nadine completely fell in love with my craft.  Each time she would see something new I created she would utter "Girl, I want you to make a shirt just for me!  I just don't know what I want yet!  But, as soon as I figure it out I'll let you know!"



After completing 2 infant onesie sets I posted them onto my Facebook business page.  Nadine happened to see the post & immediately wanted to purchase them.  She explained how her neighbor was expecting a baby in a couple of months, and that the onesie sets would make a perfect baby shower gift.  Then just like that...BOOM!...she finally figured out what she wanted me to make as her shirt design.  Okay, so like this design took my art skills to whole other level as an artist!  I ventured into unknown territory, and the feeling of failure was overwhelming.  Nadine pushed me along every inch of the way saying all the while "I'm not worried, I know you can do this."  Stay tuned for my next post about the outcome & the conclusion of Nadine's shirt design!  Posted below are pics of the onesie sets she purchased, and that also led to turning up the heat in my artwork.  

Until next time...peace & blessings   


Tee-iabo Designs (Tee-ah-bow) ~ Artist, Sonya M. Jones designs one-of-a-kind inspiring clothing, home items, canvas art & jewelry. Express yourself..Bee who your are! www.tee-iabodesigns.com



Irises in Bloom...Set complete with onesie, socks & burp cloth.




She purchased this one!  ~  Fishy (girl)...Set complete with onesie, socks & burp cloth.



Fishy (boy)...Set complete with onesie, socks & burp cloth.

6 comments:

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin