Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Brand New Set Of Wings




My artwork was nothing to write home about in the beginning of my artistic journey.  In fact, it often left me wondering why I wanted to pursue something that I clearly wasn't very good at.  However, I discovered something about myself each, and every time I picked up a paintbrush, pencil, or crayon.  I realized that I was my BEST SELF when engaged in art.  Art quickly grew to become the love of my life, my food, my drink...my air.  

I love my work, and feel so blessed to do what I do!  Very fortunate I am.  Yet, like quite a few artists I haven't found my stylistic niche'.  As an self taught artist I'm always rediscovering myself, trying to find my own sense of style.  As of right now, art for me is more of a spiritual experience.  It's soothes my soul & releases my inhibitions.  It gives me a platform to express myself freely.  Art is my passion.  It's buried deep in my soul.  Unlike humans art is kind, has no judgement, and can never be wrong.  Art is my expression of gratefulness to God.  To one day become a great artist is my dream, my heart, my goal.

I wanted to connect more with my audience on Facebook by sharing my thoughts, dreams, and aspirations.  So, in January 2014 I came up with  "#ThrowbackThursday ~ Reflections of My Art & Soul", a tidbit status post about my journey as an self-taught artist, posted on Thursday's only.  Since art has and continues to be the main outlet to express myself I decided that "Reflections of My Art & Soul" would be the perfect name for my blog as well.  

Below is a pic of the pillow design "Freedom Wings" that was also inspired by my soul searching reflections. This design started the ball rolling on a lot of stuff I still have to share.  Stay tuned... 
As far as finding my signature style goes...well this is what I concluded...
  
I am a self taught artist who enjoys being totally free to create from my imagination without limitations.  Allowing the creator to create through me as he does with all artists I believe. I bring new visions to the world of fantasy and imaginary places. 
And, little by little, from my paint brush...a soul...an image... a piece of art emerges.


Until next time...peace and blessings ♥ 


--

Tee-iabo Designs (Tee-ah-bow) ~ Artist, Sonya M. Jones designs one-of-a-kind inspiring clothing, home items, canvas art & jewelry. Express yourself..Bee who your are! www.tee-iabodesigns.com
 

--






http://www.tee-iabodesigns.com/honey-bee-inspired-pillows.html
This pillow design "Freedom Wings" was inspired by FB tidbit posts "Reflections of My Art & Soul."




12 comments:

  1. So good to see you blogging again. Your pillow is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing more blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much Vanessa. Feels good to be blogging again too. :)

      Delete
  2. It's totally awesome to watch your evolution as an artist. Keeping spreading your wings, angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your art and this post is wonderful. Keep up the creativity ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alicia. I will. You're one of my inspirations for sure.

      Delete
  4. Wow I am very surprised by your first paragraph. I assumed you had BEEN doing this. I was so impressed with your last canvas piece. Keep up the awesome work! And yes freedom is a state of mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really??? Nah...quite the contrary. I've doodled here & there throughout my childhood, teens, and even adult life. Never really took pursuing art seriously until about 7yrs ago. After making the basketball t-shirt for Isaiah the artist bug bit me. Thank you though & I will. :)

      Delete
  5. You're already a great artist. It's nice that you love what you're doing. Makes such a huge difference, doesn't it? And I'm so happy to see you out and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosey! Thank you so much. It does indeed make a huge difference when you love what you do. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  6. Sonya - I had left a comment but forgot to check the "Comment as" button so my comment disappeared. :(
    Sorry I haven't visited your new blog sooner but this is a hectic time of year and to be truthful I have been really neglectful of my own blog. Hopefully the New Year will see me getting back into the swing of blogging again. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and may your New Year be filled all good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Long time no hear. Nice to know you are well. No worries. I just started posting on my blog again. Hope to see your blog up & running for 2015.

      Delete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin