Monday, January 6, 2014

Skinny Jean Dreamer

As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf



Gobble, gobble, gobble, burp, Happy New Year!  That’s my cue for the holidays are over, and it's time to start putting on the brakes.  Feeling a little bloated, puffy, and still have that same muffin top I had before Christmas.  Just a 1/2 size larger.  There's hope though...I can still wiggle into my skinny jeans, but sad to say there isn't any wiggle room.     


I accomplished a LOT in 2013 business wise, and it was amazing year!  Reached all of the goals I set out for myself!  But, in giving so much attention to my business while still trying to balance the homestead, I neglected myself.  



I don’t know about anybody else, but even though it's a fresh new year, winter is still a difficult time for me.  All I want to do is burrow under a blanket, and hibernate until March.  It’s also a little hard getting out of the holiday food mentality.  My Eating Healthier switch doesn't turn on, and off very well.  I kind of have to ease my way back in.  For instance, there were cookies in the house, and I sort of just ate fewer of them as time went by.  Now they're gone but, I kind of still crave them.   Although, the urge to bake more is there, I haven't.  I still have an emergency sweet tooth stash of pralines my good friend made for me.  They are stored wayyyyyyyyyyy back in the fridge.  Protected from direct eye-contact.  Their sole purpose will be to reward moi as a small treat for good eating & exercise habits.  And, to help me through the agonizing monthly visit from "The Lady in Red."  

As for 2014, no New Years Resolutions.  I will continue doing more of what I love, like painting, creating, taking care of my health, and making the effort to spend more time with family and friends.  This time around I will put my health before all else because after all, if I'm not healthy there is no way I can take care of anything or anyone else.  Until next time...peace & blessings


Happy New Year, may the year be full of blessings and joy in your hearts!

 Galatians 6:9 
So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up!


As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf







As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.AR6GEyEo.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf
As for 2014, no lofty goals. Just doing more of what I love, like dancing with Tally in the kitchen, taking care of my  health, and making the effort to spend more time with friends and family and less of what I don't, like worrying about things I can't control. - See more at: http://www.lovetoeathatetoexercise.com/#sthash.ZRR3jjBl.dpuf

16 comments:

  1. It's nice that you're doing what you love. And I'm with you on winter, wake me when it's over!! :)

    Happy New Year to you & yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday season is hard on the diet and eating healthy doesn't seem to go hand-in-hand with all the Thanksgiving to Christmas gooey goodies and decanting sweets. But sounds like you're on the right track to getting back to a sane and healthier routine.
    btw - hope your new year will be even better than 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, and I'm trying my best to stick to the plan. Thank you for the good wishes ♥

      Delete
  3. Great post! I can totally relate ... it's hard to put yourself and I your health first. I'm going to add your "out of direct eye contact" with my own treats.. love that wording. Happy healthy 2014. ~ Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Alicia! Thank you. LOL! Out of sight works best for me. Out of sight, out of mind.

      Delete
  4. I had the urge to bake again too and I did. My parents we here this past weekender to I sent my dad back with us birthday cookies after I ate six of them. Sigh. Cheers with water to a healthier New Year! Can't believe you still have that candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, that candy is for incentive purposes now. I have to look forward to something at the end of each week. Believe me there's hardly any left. But, the little I have will serve the purpose well! lol

      Delete
  5. That is so awesome that you achieved all of your goals for 2013. I have been baking like crazy and plan to do a lot more in 2014. My trick is to get them out of the house immediately and deliver them to other waistlines. Here's wishing you a healthy, happy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year & thank you ♥ LOL! Your strategy would not work too well for me because I know slices would be missing from the cakes & pies. Cookies would be missing out of the dozen & cupcakes would be in groups of 9 instead of 12. :P

      Delete
  6. Hi Sonya! My word for the year is balance and I understand trying to get it all in. Congrats on your success business wise. I want to shift a little more energy there this year and is why I reduced my posting schedule on the blog. I hope that you find balance this year and join me for some fitness on a regular :) Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying really hard to make balance part of my life Joi! Thank you & Happy New Year to you as well ♥

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year Sonya! I hope you have a beautiful, blessed year with great health, happiness, love, and even more success than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Amber & thank you ♥ Hope you two are all moved in! Can't wait to see pics!

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year to you and loving the pics. Losing weight is so hard after you are stuffed for the holidays not the mention it's to cold to go outside you just want to stay in and eat. Good luck to you on your goals I took mines one month at a time and did pretty good last year. Stopping over from Kokoa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Kita & thank you ♥ You are not kidding! In these cold temps right now all I want to do is hibernate like a bear. lol One day at a time...I'll get there. :)

      Delete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin