Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Moment Of Silence...



Well, I had a blog post ready to share today, but as circumstances would have it I'll have to share it later.  My hubby's grandma who was under our care, her spirit passed on to the heavens above early this morning.  There will be a moment of silence on my blog for a little while as I am helping my husband with preparations to lay his grandmother to rest. 


Ana Luz Danois had a long, loving, beautiful life.  92 years young to be exact!  Her beauty, grace, and love touched the hearts of many.  My  hubby's grandma, as with many (I daresay most) women, went through her life, fulfilling her perceived duties as a wife, a mother, a member of her church etc. without ever really celebrating her own uniqueness and grace.  She gave of herself in so many ways, sacrificing personal comforts in order to ensure that others had them...whether it was for her children, grandchildren, or the church which she would always contribute.  She always gave, asking for nothing in return.  So, today we will not mourn her death, but instead shed tears in remembrance of happy memories, and celebrate her life.   Ana Luz Danois ~ July 9, 1921 - December 11, 2013

Until next time...peace & blessings





7 comments:

  1. Rest in Peace...and Kiss the face of Jesus for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful post, and big hugs to you and your husband. I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful woman. Thanks for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your hear warming comments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonya, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and that her passing had to come during the midst of such a hectic time of year, however when God calls us we have no other option but to answer.
    She looks and sounds like she was a truly beautiful woman. I'm sure she will be missed and remembered fondly by many, many people. . . and I'm sure she has left you and her son with a lifetime of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin