Saturday, June 15, 2013

Taking "5" To Blog!

This is going to be a quick post because summer vacation has officially begun in the Jones household.  The Rugrats are on school break for the summer & if they think about having nothing to do for longer than a minute they're bored.  So, as I put on yet another hat (Ms. Entertainment) blogging will have to be on a "Please Stand By" basis.  

Show & Tell is usually on Friday's, but Saturday will have to do.  I'm going to fast forward a little bit because I want to show you all my latest work.  I'll backtrack to show previous stuff next time.  Lately, I've been experimenting with canvas art.  First up was a tote bag, which was what I was painting in the Vlog I posted about 2 weeks ago.  Since it turned out so nicely I decided to advance to a framed canvas.  It was a little challenging I must say, but for a 1st timer I think I did a pretty good job.  There aren't any Tee-iabo Designs symbols on these pieces because the artwork speaks for itself. 


Greek 4 Life

Sistas w/spirals rock






















I also wanted to share a few pics of Sierra's 8th grade dance.  Can't believe my baby is going to be a high schooler next year!  I took Sierra to get her 1st pedi, and I created a monster.  She is undoubtedly hooked.  The chair & foot massage did it!  She was ready to make another appt. before her manicure was complete.  Humph! @30.00 a pop girlfriend better get a job!  Definitely will be tagging this as a treat when earned only type of thing.  Unlike my son Sierra's dance ran smoothly no glitches. :)  Hope you like the pics.  Until next time...peace & blessings   





11 comments:

  1. I thought you blogged about Sierra - I guess I saw that on FB. Anyway her liitle group was cute. And your new artwork ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos and happy to hear that Sierra's school's dance went off without any drama - one melt-down at a time is enough for anybody. :D

    Yikes, having the kids out of school and home for summer means that mom's precious free-time is cut back to almost zilch. I know how that goes, been there - done that. Now I just smile as I watch my daughter run around like a mad-woman taking her brood hither thither and yon. :) Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ & I'm happy that it did too. Free time to zilch time is right! My time is coming real soon.

      Delete
  3. Awe, her first dance AND pedicure! Good times, great memories in the making :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. Lots of wine for the drama that comes with it too! lol

      Delete
  4. You have the most attractive kids, good genes!!! And wow $30 for a pedi that's expensive!!

    Lets face it a bit of pampering when you're a girl is all good. And she looked so cute with her friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...thank you Jen ♥ LOL! It was $30.00 for the pedi & mani together. $30.00 for a pedi...uh-no! I would have done it myself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter is the same age and I just thought a few days ago that her first pedi this summer would be a nice treat. :)

    I'm glad the dance went off without a hitch. She looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sonja! I came over from Kenya's post of your visit this weekend. So glad I did, hey soror! Will you be in DC this weekend/next week? I'm headed there. Nice to find you.

    I took my God Daughter to get a mani/pedis when she was like 5 and YES, monster created then too.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin