Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crazy Mom Did Not Mess Up My Son's Prom!




YAY!!!  I have a little bit of time on my hands to play blog post catch up! 
So, I'll share my story about Isaiah's Junior Prom, which was about a month ago.  

When it comes to my son nothing goes over smoothly.  There's ALWAYS a glitch in his program.  Although, I must say this time it was not his fault.  I began inquiring 2 months before prom about where it was going to be, the date, the time, and how was he going to get there.  Isaiah decided he wanted to wear his Big Man Pants, and take care of planning everything for him & his date.  Now, I'm the type of parent that will give her children some room to tryout their wings and fly.  I won't intervene either, not until I deem it absolutely necessary.  Well, I tell you my son really showed his "A" game!  He knew where & when to get his tux.  Even had a coupon for 25% off!  Isaiah set up a ride with another couple, we checked with the young man's parent's to make sure it was okay that he & his date ride with them.  The boy even knew where he was going to get his date's corsage from.  WOW!!!  Everything was set until....

The NIGHT before the prom the young man who Isaiah and his date were suppose to be riding with, mother called to speak with me.  

Her:  Hi, I understand Isaiah and his date are riding to the prom with my son and his date.

Me:  Yes.

Her:  Do you know where the prom is going to be held at?

Me:  Yes.  The Dupont Country Club.

Her:  Well, I'm just finding this info out.  I thought it was going to be held at the HS school. Are you okay, with Isaiah driving with my son that far?  (total break down of communication here between her & her child.  Also, I spoke with her a month ago to verify that her son would be driving.  Totally thought she was aware of everything.)

Me:  Yes.  Is there a problem?

Her:  Well, my husband and I have conflicting views about the situation.  Can I call you back?

Me:  Sure.

15 minutes later...

Her:  Hi Sonya, I just wanted to tell you my husband & I talked, and we are not comfortable with our son driving that far.  So, you are going to have to find another way for Isaiah to get to the prom.

Really!!!!  She just threw me out into the ocean without a lifesaver.  She waited until the night before prom to drop this bombshell.  ...And did not offer a solution.  Just said "okay, goodbye", and hung up.  Humph!  Needless, to say I was up at 6:00 a.m. the day of prom trying to find a ride for my son & his date.  I told my son worst case scenario either me or Dad was going to have to drive them.  He was horrified!  To be seen arriving to prom with your parents obviously is not a good thing.   God was really shining down on us that day because between my husband & I calling around town we were able to find a Lincoln Town Car to rent for the night.  But, you will never in a thousand years guess what happened next!  Isaiah's friend...the kid who was suppose to be driving them to prom...his Mom calls me while I'm in route to pick up the corsage for Isaiah's date.  She heard we got Isaiah a ride to prom & wanted to know if her son & his date could ride too.  "I'll pay" she said.  Oh, wait a minute!!!  You just kicked my son & his date to the curb, didn't care how or if they were getting to the prom.  Now you want me to show a bit of kindness to your problem.  When you did not show any for the predicament you put me in.  Talk about gall & audacity!!!!  I told her in so many words hell to the N-O!!!!

Anyways...despite the glitch, my son's prom turned out just beautiful.  Check out the few pics below.  Until next time...peace & blessings

 







9 comments:

  1. You know that this story makes the prom pictures even better the second time around, right? It looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you didn't tell us all that! I guess some things have to be held as a surprise in the blog post. And NO SHE DIDN'T!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes she did!!! I really don't know how she thought they were all going to fit in a Town Car anyway. Somebody was going to have to sit in the front, and that would have been just awkward. I thought for a minute about Isaiah & his date clothes getting all wrinkled before they even got where they were going and told her "I'm sorry, but I can not accommodate you."

      After all it was "My Prom" too! Yes, I am that MOM! Don't judge me. lol

      Delete
  3. What an attractive couple. Looks like they had a great time and made some wonderful memories . . . thanks to a quick thinking mom like you. :)

    Wonder how the other boy feels about his mom ruining what was supposed to be a once in a lifetime event for him? And no, I'm not blaiming you, I'm sure I would have done the same thing had I been in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took the words right out of my mouth. The gall! Great pictures. Puts me in mind of Tori and Andrew. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He and his date look terrific! I'm glad they had a nice time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I was reading this story I was thinking to myself...She did not leave you and your son hanging!!! OH yes she did!!! But you're cool as a cucumber woman, way to go!!

    Well I think your son and his date look wonderful and his group of friends are very attractive. I can imagine they had a good time as kids do.

    btw! I'M BACK!!!!! Damn I missed you! My darn laptop was being crappy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH and I love love love your new picture, you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin