Thursday, March 21, 2013

My son + OCD = 1 Sick Me {o_O}






In a nutshell my children are germ carriers!  I can kiss my hubby while he's sick, get sneezed on by strangers, and all is well.  I spend a minute too long with one of my children and BAM...I catch major cootie germs.  My children can take hold of an ordinary cold, twist & turn it somehow, so that when it passes on it becomes something virulent.  Okay, so where am I going with this?  It all started last Monday when...

Isaiah woke me up, from a deep sleep way before it was time to get up for school to inform me that he was ill.  Out of the corner of my right eye I peeked at the alarm clock which read 5:45am.  For the record...YES,  I am that Mom that if the situation is not life threatening or world ending it gets put on hold until 6:45am (Mon-Fri) when I'm coherent.  So, I know without a doubt I mumbled something like "go back to bed."  As it turned out, he really was sick, and was allowed to stay home that day.  Upon entering my son's room to give him meds is when I noticed items scattered in places where they didn't belong.  "Boy, as soon as you feel better this room will be cleaned"  "Yes, Mom."

Tuesday Isaiah feels slightly better, but goes to school anyway.  Cool, because I needed catch up on some housework.  Went into his bathroom to look for the Glass Plus & "LAWD HAVE MERCY ON THIS CHILE' TODAY!"  The wastepaper basket contents resembled the Tower of Pisa, the sink vanity resembled a man's cosmetic counter only the bottles and cans were all EMPTY.  The shower looked like there had been a splash party going on involving soap only.  ...But wait!  The toilet bowl was clean!

So, after I text him that he better bring his so-and-so straight home to clean his room my OCD kicked into full gear.  One room being untidy causes uneasiness.  Two rooms turns me in to Felix Unger from the "Odd Couple."   By the time Isaiah got home I knew exactly what was going into file "G", and what still had a life expectancy of a few more months.  Needless, to say I stayed in his room a minute too long with cootie germs lingering and got sick.  Sicker worse and longer than he was.  I do feel much better today after being sick almost a week. 

The awful truth is, my son is a packrat.  There is obviously an undiscovered gene between my hubby and I for "packratedness", and Isaiah has it.  My son's genetic predisposition for packratedness becomes more obvious as he gets older.  For example, if I give him a set of Chapstick from Costco, he opens each one and leaves all of the wrappers on top of the dresser.  A few days will go by and I'll say "What with those wrappers?  Are you saving them?  "Throw them out."  "I will", he says.  A week goes by and the wrappers are still there.  I imagine they are part of some imaginative creative project that is percolating along in my brilliant son's fascinating subconscious.  Then I reject that theory, and clench my teeth this time around telling him to chuck them as I swear under my breath.  Until next time...peace & blessings











11 comments:

  1. I am glad you are on the mend. BOTH my boys are keepers of things. If I'm going to throw something out, I better bury in the trashcan. Everybody blames me if something goes missing. Sometimes I did get rid of it, sometimes times I did not. Either way, I say, "It's around here somewhere."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers for your family always include chuckles, Kenya. I'm just sayin'... LOL!

      Delete
    2. Thank you♥ LOL @your keepers! In agreement w/Antoinette. Your crew cracks me up too!

      Delete
    3. Boys are all little grubs as far as I'm concerned. Their smelly socks and stinky shoes in a heap in the middle of the floor is my pet hate. All they have to do is put the dirty stuff out to be washed and put their shoes in the cupboard ???
      Go figure !
      One of my little treasures hides his wrappers under his bed. Now I know where all of the biscuits and chocolates are going. lol

      Delete
    4. LOL! Melanie life would be too simple if they actually put things where they belong. What can you say...boys add an interesting flavor to life!

      Delete
  2. ALL children are germ carriers!!! I believe that with every fiber of my being & doubly so about little people & boys of all ages. It is your inherent cleanliness that makes you susceptible & so attractive to cooties. LYSOL 'EM, I SAY!!! Having both OCD & ADD tendencies, I feel your pain on staying too long, but not being able to help yourself;-) I really am glad to hear that you're feeling better finally. Keep it that way, please ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! Girl, I have Lysol on tap in my house. lol I think I need to invest in a gas mask too. lol

      Delete
  3. Isn't it funny when our kids have a trait that is the complete opposite of our own? :)

    Sorry to hear there's a germ bug running around your house. We just had our bout w/it too, but I was the only one down and out with it, and even then just for a day. Hope everyone's feeling better soon and no one else in the house gets it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosey. Sometimes I question if I brought the wrong baby home from the hospital. lol

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you caught that nasty bug that your son so generously shared with you. Glad you're over it now and are feeling much better.

    Though it was always great to have my kids in school, giving me the freedom to actually accomplish something at home (like mop the kitchen floor without them running across it several times before it had a chance to dry)I always dreaded the fact that they would be exposed to a veritable petri dish of unimaginable germiness. Naturally they felt it their duty to share whatever bug was running rampant with all of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I up & running again...Yea! LOL! @the petri dish of unimaginable germiness. YUCK! Yes, I so do cherish those 6hrs the kitchen is C-L-E-A-N. Not a crumb, pencil, pen, or paper in site. No, finger prints or smudge marks. Ah...bliss!

      Delete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin