Friday, November 16, 2012

Show and Tell Friday #3

It's been a while since I posted.  I found that I was spending way too much time with social media, and not enough time in other areas of my life.  Especially, on the one thing that keeps me sane...my art.  Plus, I need to incorporate that one-on-one interaction of public socialization, and this can't be accomplished from a computer screen.  I'm not saying that I won't blog anymore, just not as much.  Instead, I'll be dedicating more of my time to creating pieces, building my inventory and catching up on family life. 

Okay, with that said let's gets started with Show & Tell Friday!  I've added 4 new pieces to my line since posting last.  Actually, the 2 pieces below share the same concept, but are designed for a boy or girl.  However, I think they can be interchangeable because I've had customers request the boy set for a girl!  These pieces are a redesign, as they did not start out as a shirt & jean set.  A blogger friend of mine who is heavily into Eco Green wanted me to design t-shirts for her and the staff to wear at their booth.  A few compliments later...I decided to tweak the t-shirt designs, and add jeans!

Symbolism: the 3 "R's" Reduce, Reuse, Recycle


Bee Green Save a Tree

Bee Green

Design #3 is inspired by Sylvia Plath.  While going through books to donate for a book drive, I came across Sylvia Plath's "The Bell Jar."  I chuckled to myself as memories of being prego with Isaiah, while taking a college poetry course flowed through my mind.  That's another post!  lol  As, I was thumbing through the book the line "I am, I am, I am." jump out at me!  That line totally inspired me to create a design using this quote.  ADD set in...completely forgot about my original task, and set out on a new one.  I played around with words like a woman gone mad trying to come up with an idea.  Finally, after spending about 6hrs thumbing through books, two glazed doughnuts, and 2 cups of coffee later I came up with this:

Symbolism: Hindu symbol for women's strength.
 

I AM

Last, but not least design #4 was inspired by radio personality Michael Baisden.  I the Michael Baisden show.  It's interesting, and for the most part very informative.  He spreads the word of love, kindness & COMMON RESPECT for people of all races!  Michael is interested in hearing people’s views from all around the world and sharing them on the radio.  Thank you MB for all you do and, for being the inspiration behind my newest design!

Symbolism: Celtic symbol for brotherhood.
 

A Man

...And in the words of  Porky Pig..."Th-th-that's all, folks!" To see more designs by moi visit the website @ www.tee-iabodesigns.com.   Peace & Blessings♥ 

12 comments:

  1. Love all the shirts. The only one I hadn't seen is the 3rd one. Are all your shirts available in v-neck? That's my preference. I read somewhere it minimizes the boobs, I think its true. Glad you are back with show and tell. This is a keeper. I finally had to let go of MM, it was time consuming part of SM that wasn't getting me anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lmbo @minimizing the boobs! Girl, you're a mess!

      It really depends what design you order whether or not I can do it in a v-neck. I only ordered a small quantity of them to test them out. The colors available are white, charcoal grey, and turquoise. I'll most likely order more colors after the new year. Girl, SM is doing a job on me worst than Steve Jobs! I need therapy. )O__o(

      Delete
  2. Oh I Love them
    OH AND NOTE To anyone buying your work....
    (My Son Jacob )(she has a photo of him) wears his shirt ALL the time, the paint stays on wash after wash.!!!! Excellent )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee. Your words are so kind♥ I happy to know that Jacob still wear his shirt. It was a joy to make it for him. Here's the link to that post:

      http://ladyteeiabodesigns.blogspot.com/2011/12/pics-of-tee-iabo-designs-inspirational.html

      Delete
  3. When you come back, you come STRONG! I love the new designs, especially the kiddie sets. I'm looking forward to seeing what your next hiatus brings, but ummm... If/when you decide to go quiet again, especially on FB, please don't reach M.I.A. status:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! New stuff will be following sometime next week or after turkey day. No, worries I won't go completely AWOL...I can't. You guys are my inspiration! Anyway, I would not be able to get my poetry fix, or words of wisdom from you if I did. I can't let you off the hook that easy...No, siree. You got me hooked like a drug. So, you have to continue to feed the need. lol Hopefully, I'll get a book out ya! ;)

      Delete
  4. Sonya, I am in love with your designs! I think the flowers on the second set are absolutely amazing, beautiful job with them (from one artist to another!). Also I love, love the Sylvia Plath quote shirt and the incorporation of the bee for 'be'. Fantastic! You are so creative, keep it up, and grats on the custom orders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kudos Amber. It really means a lot especially coming from you! You are an incredible artist♥ However, these pieces are not custom orders. I'm just painting...building an inventory to sell. I don't want my art to be confined by designing people's requests. I'm a free spirit, therefore I paint what I like, and just maybe someone else will like it too. If I do agree to a custom order the customer needs to be flexible enough where it allows me to express myself. ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, now I know what you meant. The green outfits! Yes, these were sorta custom. Meaning she just wanted something relating to "Bee Green." I did however come up with the rest. Here I go not reading again fully again...lol!

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah and I know what you mean about social media. I have to force myself not to log in to Facebook and Blogspot a lot of days to just be able to get painting done. When I'm all painted out for a bit, that's when I allow myself a break to go do social media stuff. It's like a rare treat for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome designs, I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that great designs. Keep sharing more.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin