Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Walking of the edge of glory!





Last Saturday's 2012 Baltimore, MD "Walk Now for Autism Speaks" was a glorious event!  Me waking up at 5:00 a.m. to get to Baltimore by 8:30 a.m. was a miracle within itself!  lol  Registration & opening ceremonies began at 8:30, and the walk immediately followed at 10:00.  Although my team - "Moms Against Autism" consisted of just my girlfriend & myself, we had so much fun!  An estimated 6,000 walkers joined together at M&T Bank Stadium to walk for research, awareness, and compassion!  Volunteers and research vendors from all over showed up very early Saturday morning to prepare for the festivities.  

There was live entertainment, featuring special guests Lisa and Mikel from Milkshake, more than 30 area vendors offering kid-friendly activities, trick or treat candy (available at each booth), and a Halloween costume contest!  My girlfriend I decided this was going to be a "Ladies Day Out" from the beginning, and YES! we reverted back into childhood.  Seriously,  we enjoyed collecting goodies from each booth!  They had the good candy!  The kind you sneak out of your kids Halloween bags when they're not looking.  No, Sweet Tarts here!  We also, collected a lot of great info for my girlfriend to use in finding services for her 16 year old son who is also autistic.

A very sincere thank you to everyone who supported us in this event by donating or sharing it with your friends and family!  Together we raised a total of $280.00.  Just $20.00 shy of reaching my goal, but a blessing still to say the least.  Please take the time to enjoy my videos & pics down below.  Until next time, peace & blessings


Moms Against Autism Now -Tee-iabo Designs - Walking Event Part I




Moms Against Autism - Tee-iabo Designs - Walking Event Part II


 

Moms Against Autism Now - Tee-iabo Designs - Walking Event Part III







 


















14 comments:

  1. Way to go Sonya! What a wonderful thing to do. My son in laws nephew is autistic. There isn't a family I know that isn't touched and that doesn't appreciate what you gals have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen for the kind words. If I could put a smile on somebody's face everyday I would. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks and feels like you had a ball!! and I can really appreciate your efforts..You are a trail blazer cuzzo!! and you Rock...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cousin! We had so much fun & made a few contacts too! One of them lives in Richmond...go figure! She joined my page already so maybe, just maybe the relationship will blossom into something prosperous. Thanks for your support. Much♥

      Delete
  3. Awwww sweet! You sounded excited. LOL - we Sagittarius women DO NOT like people to be late. Lol to kooky ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you, and I was very excited. There was so much positive energy there & I reeled off of it. You are so right about being late. Lateness makes me nervous & antsy.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to you both! I know you made a difference, while have a blast ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know we did. I wish it was more, but every little bit counts.

      Delete
  5. Awesome cause and that looks like a fun day! I love the first video, I am the same way when videoing things lol, my husband makes fun of me over our Hawaii videos that I took. I love the goofy eye glasses too! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber. It was a fun day indeed! I have a hard time trying to do an action video. My equilibrium is all off. lol Glad you liked my video despite the jiggling.

      Delete
  6. Great cause, great photos...but I just have to tell ya...Sweet Tarts are my all time FAV candy :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I was a kid my cousins, and I use to put the Sweet Tarts in a Secrets cough drop container pretending they were aspirin while playing doctor. lol

      Delete
  7. So very proud of you darling. you are truly awesome!!!!tight hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin