Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thirteen has me misty eyed




 
Today my youngest child, my daughter Sierra turns 13 years old.  When my son turned 13 it didn't really register the same emotional impact as it does now that my daughter has reached this milestone.  Being 3 years apart in age, Sierra in my mind is was always the baby.  My little peanut.  Now, 3 years doesn't seem like an age gap at all.  Over the past few years I've watched Sierra grow from my baby girl, to my BIG girl, and now...my teenage girl.   





 


Looking Back...

 



I can remember vividly the moment Sierra was born.  I remember how she looked, smelled, how small and soft she was.  I remember the trip home from the hospital, and how we spent every minute of the first 15 months of her life parenting out of books.  I remember...when she started walking, talking, learning, growing, when she got her ears pierced, learned to ride a bike, her very 1st sleepover, and her 1st time spending the night away from home.  Thirteen years zoomed by in a blink of an eye.  Where does the time go?  It seems like no sooner than taking her out of diapers, that I'm now preparing her for high school. : '}


Sierra has an amazing sense of humor, sometimes bordering on gross or dry, but always funny, and always well past her age level.  She dresses herself quite fashionably, writes profusely, and sings like a sparrow.  She's smart, witty, and to be honest...pure awesomeness backed by an adorable smile.   ...And I've had the pleasure of watching her persona develop.  To my dear daughter, I just want to say that I am so very proud of the young woman you have become.  Not a day goes by that you don't amaze me in some sort of capacity.



To the fathers:  if you have daughters, treat them like the lady you would expect their future boyfriends & husbands to do. Tell her she's beautiful, smart, funny and awesome.  Tell her you are a better man because she is your daughter.  Let her know what she means to you as a man, and as a father.  Every little girl needs to know her parents specifically her daddy loves her.  

Happy Birthday Sierra. XOXO Daddy.






Happy Birthday my Sierra.  Mommy 's you.



 

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your Sierra...and welcome to the TEENAGE years of a female my friend! Can't wait to see your blog posts in the near future, haha. Such a beautiful girl...she is lucky to have a mom who cherishes her like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww what a sweet sweet post. Love those little footprints. Happy Birthday to Sierra. Tell her that I said, to stay true to herself. Who she is today is who she is in the future - don't let all the in between get in her way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kathy I see the emphasis on "teenage." LOL! I'm not sure if I'm quite ready, but then again who is. I do have 4 items in full stock though: Wine, Clairol, Motrin & my bible...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kenya thank you. A babies footprints are one of many cute souvenirs a Mom can cherish. I will most definitely tell her to read your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and many more yrs to your darling daughter. I wish her all the best life got to offer. And I hope she had a wonderful celebration. I just love it that you kept records of her from birth till date. She will sure make you proud in life.
    Hope you have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin