Tuesday, June 19, 2012

On this day I thee wed...♥



On this 20th day of June year two-thousand and twelve.



Today makes twenty years...
twenty years of marriage.
 2 babies
15 years of being parents to one.
12 years of being parents to two.
 seven homes
 seven relocation's.

Today makes twenty years...
twenty years of marriage.
Loving, and worrying about him,
thinking he's the most handsome man alive.

Today makes twenty years...
twenty years of marriage.
Washing his laundry, holding my nose while gathering funky workout clothes, folding and putting it away.  
Cooking meals, some good, some not worth mentioning, and loving how he ate them without complaint.

Today makes twenty years...
twenty years of marriage.
 Knowing a zillion choice words that I never knew before.
Ridiculous arguments that neither one of us probably remembers the reasons of why. 
Still upset about yesterday's issues and when he asks "What's wrong?"  I say "NOTHING!"
When I finally tell him what's wrong, he tries to fix it.  Only I don't want him to fix it.  I want him to listen and say he's sorry!

Today makes twenty years...
twenty years of marriage.
Moments spent watching movies while snuggling on the couch.
Memories of happiness, love, respect, friendship and knowing that no matter what trials & tribulations we've gone through...it's been worth it.

Hon, if you're reading this I want you to know that I love you very much.  I'm so proud of you and what you represent.  You are my best friend and the love of my life.  Thank you for asking me to be your wife 20 years ago and you're welcome for me saying yes.  Can't wait until Saturday!  Happy Anniversary!


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The ABC's of Him (aka Teddy)

1)   A ~ adorable, amusing, articulate.

2)   B ~ a blessing to us & a blessing to others.

3)   C ~ caring, considerate, charismatic.

4)   D ~ dedicated dad.

5)   E ~ easy going, encouraging, extra special to me.

6)   F ~  fun, family man, friend.

7)   G ~ generous (too much -lol), gifted, Gemini.

8)   H ~  husband, humble, handsome.

9)    I ~  idealist, involved, inspired.

10)  J ~  juggler (of tasks), Jordan (Micheal), June 4 (birthday)

11)  K ~ kissable! ♥♥♥

12)  L ~ loving, listener, luscious lips, lover.

13)  M ~ manly, muscular, memories (we share.)

14)  N ~ nineteen was how old I was when we started dating.

15)  O ~ orator, original, overwhelming charm

16)  P ~ public speaker, personable, passionate.

17)  Q ~ quick (on task always), questions (everything), quirky, quiet at times.

18)  R ~ restless, reserved, romantic.

19)  S ~ supportive, suave, serious, sexy.

20)  T ~  technical, thoughtful, timely.


Today makes twenty years...
twenty years of marriage.
At 26 years of marriage
you'll find out what U, V, W, X, Y, & Z
represent 

Loving you
always,

Sunshine

 You put my love on top ~ by: Beyon'ce

15 comments:

  1. My my somebody is in LOVE toDAY! LOL! This was very sweet. I love how you broke it down. You know those things inside of the doctor's rooms that the needles and stuff go in. I think they need one of those for men's dirty workout close. So you know you need to put on a mask and rubber gloves before handling it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cuzzo and cuzzo in law..I love both of you guys and appreciate you staying focused..through it all. Love IS a many spendid thing and I am super happy for you Both. Your relationship/marriage stands as an example to me when I think about being blessed with a man in my life. It constantly reminds me of the possibilities, when patience, love, respect, and rubber gloves are used to edify each other and preserve the family. This IS a very sweet shout out..and I wish you and Hubby(Donald) many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmbo@your stinky clothing solution! You are a mess, but I wish this could be invented. Girl, his laundry sometimes smells something fierce and I absolutely hate it when it's still slightly damp. Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a sweet post Sonya!! Congratulations and i wish you and your family God's blessing all the time..
    I've not watched this Beyonce's video before.. Thanks for sharing though and i wish you a beautiful day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute I love this list, I'll have to do this for my husband. I'm a new follower, would love if you followed back at I Heart Pears

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the kind words & warm wishes cuzzo! Sorry, I'm just getting back to you. I was trying to get ready for our weekend & now I'm recouping from it. LOL! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the warm wishes May. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but we were a little busy celebrating. LOL! We had a blast in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up Sonya. I'm laughing at my original comment. #TALU

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very sweet! 20 years is awesome, and it won't be long until you're at 21! :)
    #TALU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosey & for the follow as well. Following you back.

      Delete
  10. I don't know HOW I missed this post last year, especially 'cause I remember your anniversary, but I am so glad you chose this post for the #TALU linkup. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you♥ I don't know how you did either.

      Delete
  11. Hi there Sonja! This was beautiful! I can hear the love in your voice. What tripped me out though, was "Hon, if you're reading this", ha ha ha...they don't read our blogs, lol! It was sweet all the same! TALU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha...thank you! ...and you are so correct. They don't read our blogs, but he did that day. Only because I served it to him on the ipad. lol Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin