Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!...Cupcake!






My pet name for the Hubster is "Teddy" not "Cupcake", but I thought the title was appropriate for this post.  This year instead of making the traditional Father's Day cake I thought it would be fun to make cupcakes.  I made vanilla cupcakes, frosted with buttercream icing, added rainbow sprinkles, and placed purple letters in the center spelling out Happy Father's Day for a festive twist.  They were cute and delicious!


The letters would have been more visible if they were a different color, but I still thought they looked pretty nice. They tasted yummy!


In my opinion cupcakes are a far better choice for dessert than cake.  The irresistible cupcake is an ingenious invention for its size alone.  In four bites or less, you can have a perfectly frosted delicious little treat.  Knives, forks, or dishes are not required.  All that is needed is a napkin and a sweet tooth.  Different colors can be created by adding food coloring to the icing.  Cupcakes can also be individually designed by embellishing them with sprinkles, candy, chocolate chips, etc. in essence making the cupcake a blank canvas for an artful masterpiece.  A variety flavors can be made in one setting too!  Thus, preventing the headache of trying to please everyone's taste buds.  How often do tastes differ in a family of 4, 5 or more?  Everyone has their own favorite cupcake and icing flavors.  In my family, the Hubster prefers vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting (unfortunately, he has been restricted from eating chocolate :'{.)  Sierra loves vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting and Isaiah loves chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  As for me the sweet tooth carbaholic, I would eat almost any combination put in front of me.  lol  However, my absolute favorite is red velvet cupcakes with buttercream icing.  Mmm..

What's your favorite kind of cupcake?  Do you prefer cupcakes or cake? Why?

2 comments:

  1. I agree cupcakes a better dessert than cake because you can sorta limit yourself to "only one". My favorite cupcake to make is Red Velvet with cream cheese icing topped with chopped pecans. I like to make the little one that are 24 to a sheet. Now those you can put the whole thing in your mouth and savor it for a minute. YUM. Also the thing about having 24+ (the recipe make a little more) is that you really can't eyeball the remaining cupcakes and tell that you just ate FIVE. You can blame their disappearance on someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...Red Velvet with cream cheese icing topped with pecans sounds divine. You must share this recipe with me. LOL!@the disappearing act! I already know who the culprit would be in my house. Me! :op

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin