Monday, February 27, 2012

Three, six, nine...The Autism Awareness T-shirts Will Be On Time!







YES!  I finally completed designing the autism awareness t-shirts!  How elated am I...VERY! 

I announced in April 2011, my partnership with  Autism Speaks an organization dedicated to promoting autism awareness and research.  Autism is a lifelong neurological disorder that impairs communication, behavior, learning and social skills. Today 1 in 150 children are diagnosed with autism (1 in 94 boys), making it more common than pediatric cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined. 

Autism Speaks is dedicated to facilitating global research into the causes, treatments, prevention and an eventual cure for autism by:

~ Promoting cross-disciplinary cooperation
~ Funding research
~ Organizing research summit meetings
~ Establishing standards for data collection and management to benefit the scientific community



My main goal is to raise money and awareness in hopes that my small part will help bring better research, awareness and programs to educate the general public about this complex condition.  This year I'm proud to announce that I will be joining Autism Speaks for "Walk Now for Autism" held on October 27th in Baltimore, MD.   YEAH ME!  Check out my "Walk Button" located at the right hand-side of my blog!  Nice right...I'll get in some exercise, social time, and make a contribution to a cause I believe in.  What more can a girl ask for hmm...besides diamonds.  LOL!  Please join my efforts to support local families living with Autism by sponsoring my team.  I have come up with a variety of ways to reach my goal of $300.00 or more.  Allow me to share 3 of them with you now.



Autism Awareness T-shirts

1.   Purchase an Autism Awareness t-shirt designed by your truly (moi).  These t-shirts will be available for purchase hopefully by mid March.  For those wanting to make a purchase now I am accepting orders.  The price of the t-shirts will be $20.00 and 20% of all proceeds will be donated to Autism Speaks.  My goal is to increase the donated percentage to 50% by late July/early August.  To place an order click on the link below which will take you directly to my website.






Donate

2.  Click the  "Autism Speaks Walk Now for Autism " button located at the right-hand side of my blog to support this fundraising goal.  My registration/donate form is easy to complete.  Now, I would absolutely the donations that crinkle, but I'll also accept the ones that jingle.  LOL!  YES, this means quarters!... 25 cents is more than welcome.  Four quarters makes a dollar faster than any other coin I know besides the half dollar.  Wait...do they still make those?  JFK where are you?



Spread the Word


 3.   Whether you are an individual supporter or a leader with your own Fundraiser Page, I need your support to promote this fundraiser to your friends and family. Please promote this event to Facebook, Twitter, or by simply sending an email with the link to this site and/or the Fundraiser Page you are supporting.  Also, visit my Autism Speaks webpage to join my team, make a donation, or see the progress I'm making.  Thanks in advance for your support!


I walk for a cure. I walk for education. I walk for tolerance. I walk for the understanding of Autism♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Linking up with Kenya G. Johnson @:


 Marketing Monday

5 comments:

  1. Great post Sonya. Feel free to link this same one up every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tweet this out and hope you get all the support you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonya!!!! Thank you popping by my blog and leaving some great feedback .It is always valued! keep well and best wishes with your current project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this! Keep up the good work, and i hope you have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will let my neighbors know about your site and fundraising. Their child has Autism, and I know they would be interested.

    Great to find you on the marketing linky! I have an online handmade business for Moms and babies, and I just launched Club-Content--a way for bloggers to team together to improve their blogs.

    Nice to meet you!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin