Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Survey #1

 
 



 


LOL!!!


Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Definitely, hot chocolate w/marshmallows!  I am chocaholic!


 Does Santa wrap your presents or leave them naked under the tree?
Santa wraps all of our gifts.  Santa also has a habit of putting little boxes inside big boxes so people, especially little people can't guess what the gift is.  Drives my children insanely nuts.  I consider this my naughty for all of their naughty I have to deal with during the 11mos. prior to Christmas.  lol

Colored lights or white?
White.
I think they look classy.


Do you hang mistletoe?
No.
When do you put up your decorations?
First or second week in December.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Cornbread dressing.
  Spiral glazed ham.
Collard greens.
and
Potato salad.
Mmmm.

Favorite holiday memory as a child?
 Family getting together at my grandmother's house.  Spending time with Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandma, Grandma & my mother.  Opening gifts, listening to the men folk debating about the football game and politics, women in the kitchen hustling to prepare Christmas dinner.  Children in my Grandparents bedroom playing games and bragging about our latest accomplishments.

When did you learn the truth about Santa?
At the age of eight and I remember being so heartbroken.  My fantasy of a rollie pollie jolly man flying through the air with reindeer was ruin.  

 
Do you open any gifts on Christmas Eve?
Yes.
 
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My tree is pre-lit, and I add, ribbon,  glass ornaments, keepsake ornaments, and candy canes
 
Snow: love it or hate it?
Hate it.  Give me Christmas in Aruba! lol
 
Can you ice skate?
No.
 
Do you remember your favorite gift?
My ipod...opps that wasn't a Christmas gift!  lol  It should have been.
Seriously, if I had to name one because I love them all if would have to be hmm...the diamond cross my mother gave me.
 
 
 What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with loved ones.
 
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Upside down pineapple cake!
 
 
 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Making gingerbread men cookies mmm...while listening to Christmas music.
 
 
 What tops your tree?
A star.
 
Which do you REALLY prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving.
 
What is your favorite Christmas song?
Hark Herald!  The Angels Sing!

Feel free to do this survey on your blog as well, but please comment and let me know so I can come check it out.
 

7 comments:

  1. It's all about the cornbread dressing!! Mmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back Sonya. My Pc broke down. I love all your answers in this survey and i will try it out too. Thanks for sharing and i wish you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... yummy upside down pineapple cake!

    I just stumbled across your blog from Nzeremm. I'm glad to meet you here. I'm now following you in GFC and would love a follow back.

    By the way, I'm having a Little Rue Giveaway on my blog.
    I hope you will join. Here is the link on my giveaway,

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/2011/12/doing-little-good-with-nicole-kidman.html

    Please feel free to visit my blog @ http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready for Christmas Break lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally see how you would be excellent at decorating the gingerbread men cookies. Mine would be naked!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin