Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Hair Decided to Bee-have Today



Bye-bye perm


August 2009 I decided to let my hair transition to its natural state.  I have gone through every hair process known to man.  My hair has been pressed, relaxed, fried, dyed, and almost came close to suicide (going bald...lol.)  Of course, there was the dreadful Jheri Curl era when the "In Thing" was to walk around with drippy greasy curls for the "wet & curly" look.  Eww...there are certain things that don't need to be revisited.  lol




Anyways...I made the decision to take better care of my hair and work with what God gave me.  I don't experiment with a lot of hair products, but I do when it come to hairstyles.  Since, last winter I've been having problems in succeeding with this particular hairstyle called the "Braid Out."  A "Braid Out" is an easy way for people of any hair texture to have soft waves without a permanent change or hours of QT with a curling iron.  My waves have always come out looking poofy and frizzy.  Most times I look like a poodle that's been blow dried.  Well, last night I washed my hair and used this new product I brought by "Tresemme" called Flawless Curls.



I applied the product on each section before braiding.  This morning while taking the braids out I was absolutely shocked!  The waves were defined...I was soooo thrilled.  They were so pretty that I had to take a pic before leaving the house this morning.  The down side of this is the only place I had to go was Women's Bible Study & grocery shopping.  Great...the hair always seems to bee-have when you have no where special to go.  I just slid on a head band & went about my day.  Sigh...its a bees life.  :o)



Rest in Peace Steve Jobs and thank you...You were an innovator, a humanitarian and someone that truly changed the way the world does things. You will be sorely missed...
Steve Jobs
1955-2011
Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
~ Steve Jobs

Enjoy your day everyone and Think PINK! Remember to self examine...schedule that mammogram and remind all of your family and friends to join you!!! You have the power to SAVE LIVES!!!

2 comments:

  1. My hair is the worst.. I have done everything on my hair, almost everything you stated. But luckily i found few great products that worked for me. Tresemme is such a great product. I did a review for them in my blog. Thanks for sharing this anyway. Also may the soul of Steve rest in peace.. What a big loss. Thanks for stopping by and i look forward being part of your blog..
    N/B: You really cracked me up with laughter when you wrote about- dreadful Jheri Curl era.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin