Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Prayer Works!

Prayer means having a conversation with God. You may wonder how to go about praying and what to say. Fortunately God is not particular about the words you use, but he is more interested in what is in your heart.






About a month ago my childhood friend (that I hadn't seen in twenty years) & her family came to visit my family for the day.  When we got together it was just like old times again, like we never separated.  We had a nice visit, our children absolutely adored one another and we can't wait to do it again.  Before we said our goodbyes she decided to say a prayer for our family and my newly started business.  I don't know what kind of special mix she put into that prayer, but since then my sales have picked up & there is less stress in my household!






Now, this could all be coincidental as some people might think I'm sure.  However, I like the feeling of believing that there is a higher power (which I call God) who loves us. I also believe that if you talk with him, pray, & practice good deeds your life will be blessed in many ways.  Hence, my girlfriend reentering my life after 20 years & saying a prayer that enriched my not only my heart but my life's circumstances as well.  

Sometimes tragedies strike but, what does not break you will make you stronger.  I also believe God does not give us more than we can handle and what we ask for may not come when we want it to but nevertheless it's comes right on time.

3 comments:

  1. I love your post! Talk about from the heart. God has a gentle touch. I am glad you are back. I was getting worried. God Bless Your and Yours.

    Patricia
    It's About Time Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree with Patricia! This is a great post. I love finding blogs that are steeped in prayer, faith and thanksgiving. And, you know what? I believe that prayer works, too! Your friend asked the lord for prosperity and you received it! I don't think that it is strange or coincidental--God answers prayers. We must believe and have faith. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -

    Thank you

    This is a warm piece and I enjoyed reading it.

    Yes, indeed, prayer works as we DO the Words of GOD - He does...

    You may be inclined to visit my photo blog
    www.photosplendorplus.blogspot.com

    There is a SEPARATE TAB there titled, "IT BEES LIKE THAT." It has various photos of bees that you may enjoy viewing.

    My MAIN spiritual blog is www.lioneaglesoar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ when people leave comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin